Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Learning Forgiveness

In growing my relationship with God, I am learning how God loves us and forgives each and every one of us. Unfortunately, forgiving has been very challenging for me, so I have made a conscious effort these past 6 months to work on learning to forgive, understand and let go. In doing this, I have realized just how powerful, liberating and amazing forgiveness can be! I have been able to work on a couple relationships of mine that have otherwise had a dark cloud hanging over them (due to my unwillingness to forgive). Why is forgiving so hard? Is it because we have too much pride? Are we too busy to seek to understand the whole picture? I am not sure what it is, but I thank God for this gift that he has given me in realizing how great forgiveness can be!

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" Matthew 5:44

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
(Ephesians 4:32)

3 comments:

heidi said...

Ahh! The power of forgiveness and how much it sets us free is an understatement.
I like this scripture..."Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" Matthew 5:44
Sometimes its easier said/read than done, but I know it will make our lives that much better and lighter!!

Kenney Krewe said...

This is a verse I like on the subject.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
(Ephesians 4:32)

Anonymous said...

I think forgiveness is one of the most difficult journeys we have to take -- but as Heidi says, it is liberating. Life is so blessed when you don't have those burdens to carry. Love you so much for working on this one -- you're joining a lot of us!