Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lesson Learned







A couple weeks ago Randy came home to another table (project) that I found by the dumpster of our apartment complex. I knew that with a little bit of love and some red mahogany stain that we had leftover from the dresser, this table would be perfect for our patio. What I didn't know was how much work it would be. We spent about a week sanding with our new sander, our battery operated dremel (which would only work for about 5 minutes and would then have to charge for 3 hours), a borrowed plug in dremel, sweat, tears, and a little blood. After a week and a half of our patio being covered with an incomplete table and a lot of sand dust, I decided to finish the darn thing. I said forget the stain and went and bought 2 cans of spray paint. Randy says that it is a little bright, but is so relieved to have it done. I think it fits our colorful patio perfectly! :-)

So the lessons learned are..... never pick up furniture with a lot of detail and plan to stain it. Also, don't put in more work than it is worth. We now know why the table was by the dumpster. Ha Ha

2 comments:

Ashley said...

The table is soooooo cute! I love that color, especially with your chairs :)

Unknown said...

Ahhh, well I think it turned out beautiful! :)

It says relax and stay awhile...