Monday, November 21, 2011

Butterfly Cupcakes

A friend of ours asked me to make cupcakes for a baby shower that she was hosting.
She needed 40 cupcakes that were strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. I thought
I would need to figure out a 'baby' theme type cupcake, but she wanted butterflies and/or
flowers in pinks and browns. So off to the Internet I searched!
I found this idea for the butterfly cupcakes, which was amazing! They look impossible to make,
but they were pretty easy. The only thing is that they do take a good chunk of time. I made the butterfly wings, flowers and the cupcakes (3 boxes) on Friday and made the frosting and
put them together on Saturday morning.
I tried to use this idea for the flowers, but mine did not come out as pretty. The
foil was to help us to pull them out of pan. They are not the design. LOL
I enjoyed the butterflies. :-)

2 comments:

heidi said...

Look at you go cupcake lady!! These look great!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just beautiful