
My amazing Grammie had made a baby blanket for each one of her 7 children and all of her 20 some grandchildren. The above is my Aunt Judy's blanket that Grammie had made for her. Mine was green, but very similar. When we found out that we are having a baby, I really wanted to carry on this tradition for our baby. I spoke with Aunt Judy and she agreed to help me get started. After searching through many patterns online and in the store, we ended up finding one of the exact patterns that Grammie used. I knew that was the one! In fact, I think this is the pattern that she used for my blanket (I would check, but it is in a box up in the closet all packed away). So when we were home for Christmas, Aunt Judy and I got the supplies and ironed on the pattern onto the 12 squares that will be used for the blanket. I got off to a slow start, but I have completed 6 of the 12 squares (see below). Halfway there! Once I finish embroidering all 12 squares, Ashley (hopefully future sister-n-law) is going to help me sew the blanket together. I think it will be great for Thomas to have a piece of his great grandmother w/ him and I honestly think of Grammie all the time while I am working on it. I think she is proud and watching me from above.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness Kelly!! That is awesome. You are so special and thoughtful. What a great present for baby Thomas. And what a nice time for you and Aunt Judy to spend together.
What a beautiful legacy to your sweet,sweet Grammie.
Post a Comment