Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Babymoon


Randy and I have always loved taking road trips to places we have never visited so we decided to do just that for our babymoon.  I had read that couples should take one last trip before the baby comes.  We didn't want to go too far or spend too much so we decided to go to Richmond, VA.  We stayed right across the street from the State Capital (picture lower left) and had a wonderful time.  Of course the first thing I will say is that the food was amazing!  We walked through Carytown, walked around the State Capital, visited The Holocaust Museum, and Saturday night we bought a chess board so Randy could teach me how to play.  The architecture was absolutely beautiful and I loved the small, quaint,city like restaurants that we visited.  We had an incredible time just the two of us, but honestly we saw a couple with a brand new baby and I got really excited for our next trip with our little baby boy!

2 comments:

heidi said...

You are so cute with your belly! What a fun little trip. I can't wait to see baby Thomas!!! love you

Angie said...

Road trips are fantastic and you will totally keep them up with the little one. Because you'll go when he is little, he will think that's just the way it is and everything will be perfectly fine. Your trips might be a bit more kidcentric than before, but still oodles of fun.