Saturday, April 20, 2013

Date night at the races

Last weekend Sonia came over and babysat Thomas while Randy and I went to the races.  I had never been to this type of car race before and really enjoyed it.
My favorite race was the grand stock race.  That is the same type of car that my Uncle Art races, but he races on a dirt track.  One of the cars broke down during the race so the female driver got out, they put the car in neutral and left it towards the top of the track (you can see in the above picture).  We were surprised that they left it on the track, but apparently that is in the rules.  Luckily it wasn't hit.
You can take a cooler and food into the race.  Randy and I being the big drinkers that we are, took in Gatorades and coffee.  :-)  We had a blast and are looking forward to going to more.

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

induro races?? (spelling)

Love them because the crashes are 10 times better I think. More entertainment. OF COURSE I hope no one gets hurt. My brother did one of these back in the day, now just his friends do.