Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From Free to Fabulous!

One of our good friends Troy found this dresser sitting on the street in his neighborhood, asked if we would like it, and delivered it. As you can see, it was pretty rough. It had plenty of bugs living in it, lots of stains, and plenty of wear. The actual wood was in pretty good shape so we decided to re-stain it. This was a first for both of us, but knew we could do it. Since it did have so many stains we decided to use a red mahogany which I think turned out beautiful.


Couple of things that we learned on this project:
Someone else's trash can be our spare room dresser :-)
Don't use the wipe on polyurethane, use the spray (much easier and doesn't wipe OFF the stain)
Randy enjoys sanding and I enjoy staining
Sanding is a mess and a pain in the butt!
We love the color Red Mahogany
I can walk to the hardware/paint store and Precious is allowed to go with
We are excited to find more furniture on Craig's List that we can fix up!

5 comments:

LuvCynny said...

"I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany" Kelly and Randy Burgundy! haha!! Love it!!!! Sooo beautiful and masculine at the same time!! I love you guys!!

Randy and Kelly Jo said...

Thanks CJ! We love you so much!

Ashley said...

Wow! That turned out amazing! Great job :)

Kenney Krewe said...

uhmm, I think I need that back :)

Randy and Kelly Jo said...

Um, thanks and no! :-)