Monday, January 31, 2011

Visit to JMU

This past weekend Randy and I took a trip to Harrisonburg, VA to visit his college, James Madison University. He took me for a tour of the campus which included eating at one of the dining halls. I was shocked to see that it was just like the food court in a mall (5 different places to pick from). I told Randy that I for sure would have gained the 'freshman 15' going to school there. LOL
The whole campus was so beautiful and the buildings were incredible. Especially the recreation building (gym). It had a huge lap pool, rock wall, basketball courts, racquetball courts, volleyball courts, weights, cardio machines, track, studios, etc.. I should probably mention that it is 3 floors and included in the tuition!

This is at the recreation building where Randy had worked for 2 years. He got employee of the year in maintenance for 2002-2003 (see below) and has his name on a plaque on the wall (see above). What can I say, I am a proud wife.

We were able to meet up with Randy's cousin, Ricardo, for lunch on Sunday where he works. It was the cutest little artsy coffee shop, restaurant and bar. Ricardo also graduated from JMU.

In conversation, Ricardo mentioned a place that serves fried oreos. Considering oreos are Randy's favorite cookies, we had to go. OH MY GOSH they were SO good and only $1 each! It was like a pancake/funnel cake/donut batter with a soft warm oreo in the middle. Amazing is all I can say and I want more!

No comments: