- People are SO incredibly nice and friendly to you! It's amazing how many people have smiled at me, held doors open for me, talked to me, offered to take the trash out for me while walking to the trash, offered to help in any way
- Feet massages from my hubby
- It's ok to be lazy and leave the dishes in the sink overnight (although I am the only one that this bothers)
- All the amazing baby showers and the cute little gifts that Thomas received
- Sharing this with my cousin Heidi who is due 2 days after we are
- It was funny how people didn't start asking me when I was due until about 30 weeks. It's like they wanted to be sure that I was for sure pregnant first
- How I felt like I was 16 and pregnant when I went to school
- How my professor and a couple other men were always afraid that I was going to go in labor around them
- All the love and support we have received from our family, friends and even strangers
- When Randy and I got baptized at our church in the same tub not knowing yet that we were pregnant and that Thomas was getting baptized too
- If I ever wanted to go shopping it was always ok with hubby if I bought stuff for Thomas, but not myself
- Tums are a pregnant woman's best friend (Thanks Heidi Jo)
- Prenatal massages and pedicures that Randy spoiled me with
- My mother-n-law came over and cleaned our bathrooms and cleaned our kitchen floor for me
- Napping is ok and often expected because you don't sleep much at night
- When Thomas gets hiccups and my stomach looks like I am having spasms
- Never needing to suck in your stomach for 40 weeks
- New wardrobe even if it is maternity clothes
- Feeling and seeing my little acrobat inside my stomach, especially when he would make my stomach look deformed (he loves seeing just how far my right side could stretch out)
- Hearing his heartbeat and seeing him on the ultrasound monitor
- When Randy rests his hand on my stomach so he can feel our son move and when he would kiss my stomach and talk to him
- The fact that Randy has gone to ALL but 1 doctor's appointment with me
- Thinking "how could someone so little stretch, kick and punch so hard?"
- When I would tap on my stomach, Thomas would give me a kick letting me know that he was ok and that I didn't need to worry about him
- Using the stork parking spot at the mall even if it was only once
- Of course, knowing that you have the miracle of life growing inside of you. The most precious gift that one could receive. :-)
I am sure there are more, but this was a quick 'brain dump' of the ones that I could think of off the top of my head. Feel free to comment with more!
1 comment:
I like the idea of not having to suck in my stomach for 40 weeks! Haha, of course not enough to have a baby just yet ;)
Post a Comment