I was having lunch with my friend Rachael on Monday and she texted me that morning saying "wear something pretty". I was like... what? Why would my friend need me to look pretty at lunch? After lunch she told me that they were throwing Randy a surprise baby shower at work and they wanted me to come. Now that makes sense and yes I would have been upset showing up to my old job looking like a slob. LOL They scheduled a meeting in one of the meeting rooms from 1-3pm and told Randy that he was required to be there. They had cake, cupcakes and a few games. It was super sweet of them and it was nice to see some of my old co-workers. I also made Randy open all the gifts by himself. :-) He didn't like that much and wanted Thomas to be in the front of the room with him. I just wanted him to experience opening gifts since I have had 3 showers!
Then on Tuesday we had our church group like we do every Tuesday, only this Tuesday was dedicated to Randy (being a dad to be) and Geoff (being a husband to be). They made tool bags for them filled with goodies needed for the jobs. Then we played a game where they would pick up a card with a word on it (relating to baby or marriage) and name a candy that would resemble it. For example, word would be umbilical cord and candy would be twizzler. I am sure you can guess what the milk duds resemble. LOL We love our community group and look forward to our Tuesday nights!


2 comments:
Love the tool belts! What a fun idea to celebrate the boys :)
if thomas isn't set for life---no baby is!! :) love that you're getting spoiled!!
Post a Comment