Wednesday, October 17, 2012

4 Month Check Up

On one of our morning walks
We had Thomas's 4 month check up today.  He is doing great, had 3 shots (one of them orally) and he barely cried.  I actually asked daddy to come with expecting it to be as hard as the 2 month visit, but it wasn't bad at all.  He is now 16 lbs 1 oz (75th percentile, 50th as average) and 27" long (97th percentile, 50th as average).  He has almost doubled his birth weight and grown 6 inches long in 4 months.  Wow!  I am telling you, he may be taller than mommy and daddy someday .  Ha Ha

We are pretty sure now that he has a dairy sensitivity so I am giving up dairy for now.  I tried to introduce dairy back into my diet last weekend (after about 5 weeks without) and that hasn't gone so well.  We have had lots of spit up, outfit changes, baths, showers, laundry, burp cloths and a little bit of fussiness.  Randy said that all of this was to make me want to give up dairy.  This is true and it worked.  :-)  Hopefully in a couple days Thomas will begin to feel better again.  The doctor said this may be the cause or have some to do with his reflux.  I am just hoping we figured it out, we hate to see Thomas not feeling well.

As for solid foods, the doctor would like us to wait until 6 months because of his reflux.  We are fine with that because it is recommended to breastfeed only for the first 6 months by the American Academy of Pediatrics anyways.  So Thomas is a healthy little man, right on track with developmental activities and happy as can be.  

Yep, he has discovered his tongue.  I never thought it would be so cute to have someone stick their tongue out at me.  LOL

No comments: