Friday, September 10, 2010

The Challenge

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was doing a wellness challenge. My cousin Heidi did the challenge last time and is also doing this one. It is a 12 week online challenge that focuses on mind, body and spirit. So far I have gotten all my points for the week but it just started on Monday. :-) I am ok with everything BUT the sweets! Argh!!! I like to treat myself a little once in a while but this challenge only allows me to have sweet treats one day a week! :-( I guess that is why they call it a challenge, huh? If interested in reading more, see link http://youcanbethebestyou.blogspot.com . See below for the 10 things that need to be done in order to get points. There are a total of 10 possible points per day. Wish us luck!

Points
1. Drink 48 ounces of water a day
2. 45 minutes of exercise (doesn't have to be consecutive)
3. No soda or alcohol
4. No sweets (desserts, pastries, candy, or sugary snacks) Sugar-free alternatives are okay
5. No fast food, or unhealthy snacks (chips)
6. Consume 2 servings of fruits and 2 servings of vegetables
7. No eating after 8p.m.
8. Read 15 minutes of spiritual or uplifting text
9. Write in your journal (Daily blogs count, too.) Express specific appreciation, love, or praise in your journal...a goal of two or three items is a good goal!
10. Personal goal- each week make a personal goal for everyday or make a goal for the entire week. ( Like reading more to the kids, organize a closet, get 8 hours of sleep, etc...)

ONE FREE POINT PER AREA, PER WEEK..for example: only one day with sweets a week, only one day without exercise, one late night snack per week........or one whole day free.

No comments: